Monday, April 21, 2008

GIRLS DAY OUT!

Last Friday I decided to have a Girls Day Out with Kylea. We were actually dressed and ready to go at 9 am (very rare). First stop was the library to celebrate National Library Week! Gotta have love for the library right! If it were up to Kylea, we would have stayed there the whole day, but it was lunch time so we headed over to Moe's to eat some mexican food. I even let Kylea have her very first taste of super watered down fruit punch (It was the most "healthy" of all the drink choices). I couldn't believe how well behaved she was. She giggled and ate her lunch and didn't even scream when we had to leave. Then, what would a Girls Day Out be without some shopping?...so we headed over to Payless to check out their new sandals. Of course, Kylea only wanted the Dora size 7 (she's a size 3-4) light-up sandals and not the cute ballet slippers that I had picked out for her. What is it with kids loving the most ridiculous shoes in the store? Sorry to those of you who like or have those sandals :), but hey they just aren't for me. Anyway, they didn't have any cute ones in her size so we headed next door to the Dollar Tree...Watch out, we're high rollers over here, ha! I let her choose one toy so she picked out a sparkly Eeyore kaleidoscope. She has a thing for balloons so she also ended up walking out of the store with a Dora balloon tied around her wrist. What a day! It was so nice to be able to hang out with my little munchkin and spoil her in a poor, dental student kind of way. :) Here's the treasured Dora balloon that goes everywhere.

3 comments:

The Sherman's said...

What a fun day. This is such a good idea. I want to start doing more one on one time with my kids, like once a month, again, you inspire me!

Ben N Nessa said...

So fun!!!! :)

Unknown said...

go dora the explorer! balloons in the bathtube are always a must.