Monday, November 9, 2009

So proud of this guy!

Jon is pretty much amazing! By the end of this week, he'll have had 9 interviews with orthodontic programs all over the country. He started in Iowa, then went to Arizona, Kansas City, MO, VCU (here in VA), California, back to St. Louis, MO, Florida, Michigan (where he's at right now) and lastly, to Oklahoma.
I feel so blessed to have such a dedicated hubby who works so hard to provide us with a great future. If one of these programs doesn't take him, they're crazy! We'll find out December 2nd if he matches with any of the schools. Orthodontic programs participate in the match system. This means that Jon will rank the schools that he interviewed with and they'll rank him and the computer will hopefully make a match from the rankings. You can only match with one school (or not at all!) so it's a lot of pressure, but I know that whatever happens we'll be blessed. Jon will be an awesome orthodontist or dentist! So even though I've been living life as a single mom this past month, it'll be worth it in the end (that's what I have to keep telling myself anyway! ;) Kylea and I have had some really fun times together, but we sure do miss you Jon! Love you lots! XOXO Lis & Ea

9 comments:

Christen said...

Jon is awesome and he is so lucky to have YOU, Lis! You are a rockstar, no doubt about it. We're so excited for you guys to find out where you're going next!

Janelle said...

Congrats Lissa! Jon is amazing and so are you! I hope everything works out! Are you so excited to have a new little one soon? I can't wait to see pics and hear all about him. I miss you!!! We have GOT to talk on the phone-I have so much to tell you!
Luv ya!

Aly said...

How stressful! I bet you guys can't wait until December. Big month for you all! You guys are lucky to have each other. I know it takes lots of work and time on his part, but that puts lots on you, too. Good thing you guys love each other!

marcy said...

Behind every good man is a good woman! :) I'm sooo proud of Jonathan and you too Lis. Love you! xoxoxo

Ben N Nessa said...

He is a stud! Good job Jon....and Lis for holding down the fort! :) Good luck!

Rachel said...

That is so exciting, Lissa! I'm SURE he'll match. Keep us posted on where you will be next.

owona said...

Ah, our little Jonny boy is all grown up...hahah...but seriously, we are very proud of him, too. You guys are such amazing examples to us of working together, making goals, and making sacrifices for each other. I've never met more unselfish and loving people...we just adore you guys, and we're so happy you have so many wonderful things happening for you at this time in your life. Congrats on everything...WE LOVE YOU!!

pmkennedy said...

Lissa, I feel for you! I'm sure it hasn't been easy, but of course it will be worth it!! Good luck with you little addition. What a special blessing!!

Allred Ohana said...

We are so proud of both of you guys. I hope you guys move closer to Cali!