Sunday, February 21, 2010

Rucker Family of 4

Okay, seriously...I just found this draft from before Christmas and I never even posted it! I am a total space head these days! Well, better late than never I guess. I'm still working on posting life in 2009...I guess that just means my life is busy and not boring, right! ;)
 
Our first pic with Kade!
 
We left for the hospital on Friday morning with no snow and this was what Jon came home to that evening. He got snowed in the next day and got our Camry stuck when he tried to venture out to Walmart to buy Kylea snow boots and visit me at the hospital. Luckily a friend helped him get the car out and he was able to come see me & Kade later on that day with Kylea. They got stuck 2 more times on the ride home and even went down a one way street the wrong way! Jon said he could barely see anything because it was like a crazy blizzard.
 
Kylea is the best big sister ever! She fell in love with Kade the moment she saw him and has been taking care of him ever since. She helps with diaper changes and binkie holding and gives lots of loves.
 
Notice the black boots! Jon was finally able to make it to Walmart when the roads were cleared and found the only pair of boots left in the children's section...2 sizes too big, but hey they keep her feet dry! :) It's almost a week later and the snow hasn't melted so we're enjoying a white Christmas.Merry Christmas everyone! We love you!

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Your family is so cute! I still can't believe all that snow.

Christen said...

Only you look that good after delivering a baby. It's just not fair! :) I'm lovin' the updates!

owona said...

Love it! You do look too good in your hospital pic...how is that even possible? I'm glad you guys made it out of the blizzard...what a cool story and event to remember about Kade's birth (well, I'm sure it wasn't that cool when you were driving home in it, but you get the point), and I'm glad Ea got her boots! You guys are awesome, and I too am lovin' the updates...keep them coming!

Aly said...

Ugh...bite me. You really look that good after giving birth? You suck! Haha. But seriously, I love first pictures. It is adorable. I am glad you all made it home safe from the hospital in the craziness!

Ben N Nessa said...

I agree with Alyson, you look AMAZINGLY gorgeous in that picture of you guys and Kade. I love all of your scrapbook cards! I just want to kiss on those adorable kiddies....

Rucker Family said...

Thanks for the compliments girls! But seriously it's called going in for an induction, haha! Plus his delivery was a quick one...luckily. :)