Thursday, October 15, 2009

My Little Nurse

Kylea has been taking care of me this pregnancy. She's my own little nurse helper. When I got the prego barfies super bad in May, she was always at my side. I spent a lot of time in the bathroom draped over the toilet and she would tell me to do her Dora puzzle and read books and "You'll feel better, okay promise." I would tell her that I was too sick. And she would say "Okay, I'll read the books to you." One time I crawled back to my room and she read me "Itsy Bitsy Spider" til I fell asleep. When I woke up, she was asleep next to me. She also gave me lots of hugs and wanted to wipe my mouth after I'd puke. I'm too spoiled with this little girl. She's going to make an amazing mother someday.
 
I'm so glad to be done with all the nausea. But Kylea continues to be my little helper at all my doctor appointments. She knows the office door that we go in and reminds me that we have to wait til they call our name. Then today the nurse told us to turn down the hall and go into one of the rooms, but Kylea said, "Wait! You have to go pee pee in the cup and then you can get a potty treat." The nurse laughed and sent me to the bathroom. Then Kylea said, "You need to go over there (pointing to the scale) and take off your shoes." She definitely knows the drill. She loves to hear the baby's heartbeat and is always giving my huge belly lots of kisses and telling the baby that she loves him. She is going to be a great big sister!
P.S. Before naps today I told her that she needed to try and go potty and she said, "Okay, but I need a cup." Haha! She cracks me up!

7 comments:

Christen said...

What a sweet little helper! Glad you have a cute nurse taking care of you during this pregnancy. :) I love the pic below, too - gotta love Kylea posing like her mama!

Ben N Nessa said...

HAHA! Hilarious :) She is going to a be a pro-mom. We can't wait until she's a big sis!

mag said...

she is so cute.... she will be a great sister

Rachel said...

She is hilarious!! She is going to be such a good helper with Kade Coyote!

owona said...

Ahh, she's a sweetheart. You can tell she adores you.

The Wolf Family said...

That's awesome! She really is so caring and cute! You guys got a keeper! :) Happy bday ea! Sorry we didn't get a card out for the actual day! Tucker's super excited about Wed! (and so are we ;)

Calley said...

Oh my gosh this made me clutch my heart! She is the sweetest girl. I didn't know you were so sick, lady! Ugh, I'm so sorry. I'm glad you're feeling better. You are a soldier, the barfies terrify me. You're having a baby so soon!