Sunday, October 18, 2009

Happy 3rd Birthday Ea!

We're not officially celebrating Kylea's birthday today because Jon had to fly to Missouri early this morning for an Ortho interview, but I wanted to make a birthday post anyway. There will be more birthday pics to come. I guess it's a good thing we're not celebrating it today because she woke up this morning with a high fever and threw up her dinner. What a way to celebrate a birthday! Poor thing! It's the saddest thing ever when she's sick. I hope it passes quickly.

We did however get to celebrate a little yesterday with a trip to Kangaroo Jac's Bounce House and a special birthday dinner at Red Robin. Of course, I forgot my camera so unfortunately I don't have any cute pics to post about the event, but it was lots of fun! Kylea was terrified to bounce at first, but once she got brave enough to try it out we couldn't get her to leave. She loved the ice cream sundae they gave her at Red Robin, but she wasn't too sure about all the loud singing and clapping that came with it. She hid behind me the whole time. :)
If she gets feeling better by Wednesday we'll celebrate her birthday with a princess party (which she has been talking and asking about for months now!).We're also going to Disney on Ice on Thursday night so she's going to get her fix of princess stuff for the week. She's all about anything and everything princess these days so it should be fun! Her two favorites are Cinderella and Ariel with Cinderella being the only movie she can get through without getting scared or emotional. She's such a sensitive little girl with a tender heart.

About a week ago, I overheard this conversation on the monitor...(I was downstairs and Jon & Kylea were upstairs.)
Kylea: "Daddy, I want a scooter for my birthday."
Jon: "You do. Okay, I'll get you one. What kind do you want?"
Kylea: "A princess one."
Jon: "Okay. I'll see what I can do."

And that's how Jon's present for Kylea came to be, just like that! He's such a softie! I can't even imagine what kind of gift she'll talk him into getting her when she turns 16...watch out! ;)

A few days later he took her to Walmart to test out the princess scooters and after several rides around the store, she realized that the scooter wasn't the best present afterall. She's not quite big enough for it yet so it scraped her ankle each time she pushed off on it. Jon said that she tried so hard to make it work...faking a smile through the pain of each push...but she finally gave in and talked him into getting her a tricycle instead. I was happy to hear about the switch because we live on a hill and I was dreading all the accidents there would be with a scooter. So on one of our date nights, Jon & I went back to Walmart and bought her a red Radio Flyer tricycle. I tried to talk him into getting the pink one, but with a boy on the way he wanted to keep the color gender neutral. So there you have it...tickets to Disney on Ice and a new tricycle. I'm excited to see the look on her face when she sees them both.

I'm super emotional about Kylea turning 3 and getting so grown up. I don't even want to think about the mess I'll be in when she leaves for kindergarten! I feel so blessed to be her mommy and have her as part of our family. She is such a sweet little girl and is always making us laugh!
Here's a trip down memory lane...
1 month old
1 year old2 years old3 years old
 
We love you Kylea! Happy 3rd Birthday! XOXO Mommy & Daddy

5 comments:

owona said...

Happy Happy Birthday Ea Dear!! Sorry to hear she's not feeling so well, but I'm glad you were able to go to the bounce house and dinner the night before...sounds like TONS of fun! I Love the pics you posted...can't believe how much she's grown up...I'm emotional about it, too, and I'm not the momma!!
I took my niece to the princess on ice show and she LOVED it...Ea will love it too, I'm sure. It's super cute! And, Yay for her TriCycle...I was nervous for you guys when I heard the idea of the scooter. She is a big girl, but YIKES! Watch out! So, yeah, I love the trike idea...plus a radio flyer? Those are Sa-Weet!!
I hope she feels weel enough to have her princess party...she will love it, I'm sure. Take lots of pics!! Hope you're all doing well! Happy birthday big girl Ea!! Love ya!! Love, Tiff, Berny, and Baby Oni

Ben N Nessa said...

I loved this post...it's crazy how fast she's grown up! Those pictures are darling...I remember her being so small with all of that hair! LOL! She'll have a fun bday, for sure. Take a lot of pictures tonight! We can't wait to see them. We love you Kylea! Happy 3rd Birthday!

Christen said...

Happy #3 Kylea!! We feel lucky to have watched her grow from the beginning. Such a sweetheart with the perfect amount of sass mixed in! Can't wait to see pics from all the festivities!! Love ya!

Rachel said...

I can't believe Kylea is THREE! She is beautiful.

Calley said...

Oh my goodness, I can't believe how big she is. I know I say that EVERY time I look at pictures, but its so crazy to see her grow up (and through the eyes of a blogger nonetheless!) Just move to Seattle for crying out loud. I'm so glad she had such a fun birthday. And seriously every day I think " I NEED to call Lissa!" and then my kids get awful. I will do it though, so help me! I don't even know anything about your little fetus yet. His hopes and dreams, etc. We need to get updated! Miss you guys!