Saturday, October 31, 2009

Why?---it's her new favorite word!


Conversations...

After carving pumpkins, Kylea asked if she could keep one of the pumpkin seeds and plant it.

Me: Sure you can, but let's wait til the springtime.
Ea: But why?
Me: Because that's when the weather gets warmer and pumpkins can start growing.
Ea: But I don't want to wait. Why do we have to wait?
Me: Because it's Fall right now.
Ea: But why is it Fall?
Me: Because it's cold outside and all the leaves are falling down.
Ea: But why?
Me: Because the wind is blowing them off the trees.
Ea: (Pauses to think) Oh, I don't want the leaves to fall. I think they need more glue.

After a long day of errands and activities...

Me: Kylea, I need to sit down and rest for a minute.
Ea: But why?
Me: Because my tummy is hurting.
Ea: Okay, I'll check it like Dr. Dausch. (My OB) I'll be right back. (Runs upstairs to get her stethoscope and tries to hear the baby's heartbeat.)
Hey, I can't hear him.
Me: Maybe he's sleeping.
Ea: But why?
Me: So he won't be cranky.
Ea: Ohhh...

3 comments:

Christen said...

Oh my goodness, Skye must have learned this from Kylea or taught her (sorry if that's the case) because Skye is ALWAYS asking why these days. Definitely not my fave.

Bummer about class tonight - sorry I didn't make it. :(

mag said...

i'm glad my 4 year old doesn't know the word "WHY" i might go nuts... but your daughter is cute, kids just likes to learn.

marcy said...

and WHY Kylea are you so stink'n cute? xoxoxoxo love you bunches!
Grammy M.