Thursday, February 25, 2010

Kade the Brave

Kade got his 2 month shots last Friday and was such a brave little guy. He only cried for a few seconds and then he was over it. Here are his stats:
Weight: 11 lbs 6 oz (50 percentile)
Height: 24 inches (75 percentile)
HC: 15 1/4 inches (25 percentile)...not sure why Kylea sang about his "big head" in the last video...silly girl!
 

 

 
Kade is such a calm and happy baby. He always has a smile on his face. He's also very alert and wanting in on all the action, which there is always a lot of at our house. His reflux issues are getting better now...thank goodness! I've been on a dairy free diet for a month now---shoot me! I am such a huge fan of milk so this soy stuff just isn't working for me. It seems to be helping him feel better though so it's definitely worth it. I'm slowly adding a few dairy foods back into my diet to see if he can tolerate them. So far cheese and ice cream are okay...yahoo! There are definitely some major differences in boys and girls...mainly at diaper changing times. I've been peed on more times than I can count and every time makes me scream then laugh at myself because it scares me so bad. The other night, I got so freaked out that I fell over backwards...haha! I just never know when it's coming. :) Anyway...
 
We love having a sweet little boy and a sassy little girl in our family. I feel so blessed to be a mother of such beautiful, healthy children! And even though I don't always have everything together (like making a post and forgetting to post it), I wouldn't change my life for anything---and I mean that!
I sure do love my little Ea & baby Kade...oh yeah and Jon, I think you're pretty amazing too! ;)

8 comments:

Aly said...

No dairy? I would die! But I am sure it is definitely worth it. You have such cute kids! Can't wait to see how they are together when they get older.

Christen said...

I love that you posted pictures of yourself with your little babes. You are so beautiful! Such CUTE pictures. Kade is so handsome and SO darn smiley, I love it! Cutie Ruckers.

Ben N Nessa said...

Lis, you are an awesome Mom!!! You look like you haven't even had one baby, let alone TWO! :) Good luck not getting peed on this week..hahah!

owona said...

Ah Lis, this post totally made me cry because you guys really mean so much to us and we're so happy that your beautiful family is growing and everyone is happy and healthy. You look amazing and joyful...not easy to pull off with the hectic life of a mom, but you can just see the love and it makes me a wee bit emotional...we love you guys and miss you tons!!

owona said...

BTW, the pic with you and Kade is probably my favorite all time pic of you...you just look so happy and Kade is obviously in love with his momma!

Rachel said...

I can't believe how much Kade looks like Jon! Crazy. You guys are so cute.

Steph said...

love the pictures!--aren't baby boys funny?--I've been pee'd on so many times too...I've learned to duck and cover :)

Calley said...

Okay seriously, could you be any skinnier?! Lady you are teensy! And I'm so happy to see all these Kylea/Kade pictures, they are just adorable. I just love love love it. I have a million questions for you (about how your life is) I will email you to spare you the novel comment. Love you guys! Glad all is well!